School of Automotive Engineering
Global leadership accomplishments in engineering education and research, which concentrates on mechanical and automotive engineering
- The School of Automotive Engineering has had 7,400 graduates since the university was established in 1963. Numerous graduates of the school have contributed to the development of local and national industries.
- Students can choose a major according to their preferences: Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering, or Mechanical Design.
- Recipient of diverse government aid and projects :
Program focuses on automotive engineering for New University Regional Innovation (NURI) which is sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Education and Human Resources.
The Regional Innovation Center (RIC) for Automotive Components is sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Knowledge and Economy, and the Human Resource Development (HRD) program in the region is sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Employment and Labor.
The Graduate education supporting program for small and medium business employees is sponsored by Small and Medium Business Administration.
- We provide Education for specialized engineers who have the ability to work closely in different fields with state-of-the-art equipment. The mechanical and automotive engineering program has a well-established network relationship with industry and research institutes. For example, The Kyungil-KATRI graduate program allows students to earn graduate degrees for doing course work in the School of Automotive Engineering as well as doing research in national automotive research institutes such as The Korea Automobile Testing & Research Institute (KATRI)
- Participation in the program for the 'Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea' (ABEEK) - graduates are accredited throughout the world as specialized engineers of the mechanical and automotive engineering fields.
- Common courses : Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Dynamics, Creative Design, CAD, Mechanical engineering manufacturing, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering major : Mechanical Vibration, Control Engineering, Manufacturing Machinery, Fluid Machinery, Mechanical System Design, NC Machining and CAM, Capstone Design, etc.
- Automotive Engineering major : Internal Combustion Engine, Automotive Electric Circuits, Automotive Chassis, Metal forming Molding Design, Automotive Inspection, Automotive Fatigue Design, Automotive Air Conditioning, etc.
- Mechanical Design major : 3D CAD, Machine Design, Mechatronics, FEM Application and Design, Mechanical System Design, Fluid Power System Design, etc.
- Automotive/heavy plant fields: motor vehicles, airplanes, trains, heavy industries and ships, steels, chemicals, plants, etc.
- IT convergence fields: Robots, Mechatronics, Semi-conductors, Automation, Digital home appliances, Renewable energy, etc.
- Education fields: Teachers after obtaining middle-school teaching certificate via the curricula for the teaching profession
- Science and Technology fields: Public servants, Research engineers in private companies, Research scientists in universities or public research institutes, etc.
|WooJong Kang||KAIST||2000||Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering|
|KyungJin Kim||KAIST||2007||Ph.D.||Mechanical Science|
|Dotae Kim||Tokyo Institude of Technology||1991||Dr. Eng||Precision Machinery|
|ByungHa Kim||Kyungpook National University||1987||Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering|
|Junghyun Kim||Youngnam University||1983||Ph.D.||Machine Manufacturing|
|Boojoong Yong||University of New Mexico||1983||Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering (Robotics and Control)|
|HyunGu Woo||KAIST||1997||Ph.D.||Control and Automation|
|JongHo YOON||Seoul National University||1990||Ph.D.||Mechanical Vibration|
|GwangGoo LEE||POSTECH||2000||Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering (Combustion)|
|Hyundeog Cho||KAIST||1993||Ph.D.||5-Axis Machining|
- Korean HomePage : http://mae.kiu.ac.kr
- TEL : 82-53-600-5320, 5321
- FAX : 82-53-600-5339