Department of Cyber Security
The Department of Cyber Security aims to train professional security engineers/specialists who can adapt well to the rapidly changing global security environment by offering job-oriented courses.
The needs of cyber security professionals have rapidly increased in the area of protecting personal information in a cyber environment because recently there have been many cyber crimes committed such as the Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks and hacking attempts on web-sites. Moreover, since Oct. 2011, ordinance concerning the protection of personal information has been passed. It has led to an increased need of cyber security engineers/specialists in a variety of job-fields, e.g. public institutions, finance institutions and private corporations including the National Police Agency and the Ministry of National Defense. The Department of Cyber Security has well-organized curriculums which include computer engineering, computer system/network security, electric commerce security, and cyber criminal investigation. Our aim is to produce skilled cyber professionals/specialists who can chase high-end occupations in cyber security fields.
- Foundation Courses (freshman and sophomore) : Theory of Cyber Security, Security Programming, Cryptography, Cyber Security Technologies
- Major Courses (junior and senior) : Hacking and Malicious Code, Contents Security, Database Security, Cyber Penetration Testing, System Security, Intrusion Detection and Protection Systems, Smart Device Security, Cyber Security Project, Digital Forensic, New Technologies for Information Security, Embedded System Security
- Cyber Security Professional Training Courses : Theory of Information Security, Theory of Modern Cryptology, Database Security, Server Security, Network Hacking and Security, Intrusion Detection and Protection, Information Security Management and Legislation, Electronic Commerce Security, New Technologies for Information Security
- Cyber Cops Training Courses : Theory of Networking, Theory of Programming, Information Security, Hacking and Malicious Code, Digital Forensics, System and Network Engineering, Databases, Wireless Communication, Advanced Programming
- Government Offices (Cyber Terror Response Center, National Intelligence Service, etc.): internet incident handling and response, spam mail handling and response, vulnerability analysis and evaluation of main information and communication infrastructure, development of information security policies, education and promotion of information security, Hacking prevention, etc.
- Departments related to Information Security (Public institutions, financial institutions, major companies, schools, ventures, IT corporations, etc.) : Information security programs and administrations such as system security, network security, and server protection.
- Information Security Service Providers (Ahn lab, Hauri, etc.) : Development of system security products (Anti virus vaccine s/w, Computer security s/w, cryptography s/w, Vulnerability analysis tool, etc.), consultants in electronic commerce.
- Government Research Institutes (KISA, ETRI, NSRI, FSA, etc.) : Information security technology development, deployment and support for national information security policies.
- Certification Authorities (Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute, etc.) : Creating an environment for secure digital signatures, certificate issuance and management, and certification authority, technology development and dissemination.
- Entrepreneurs, Graduate schools (domestic/abroad)
|Eun Jun Yoon||Kyung-buk National University||2007||Ph.D.||Information Security|
|Hyun Sung Kim||Kyung-buk National University||2002||Ph.D.||Information Security|
|Hee Joo Park||Yeungnam University||1995||Ph.D.||Neuron Computer|
|Hye Jung Kim||Kyungpook National University||2005||Ph.D.||Natural Language Processing|
|Ki Hyun Jung||Kyungpook National University||2007||Ph.D.||Information Security|
- Korean HomePage : http://security.kiu.ac.kr
- TEL : 82-53-600-5620
- FAX : 82-53-600-5639